Xceed Privacy Statement
Revised January 12, 2016
Privacy is important. We hope the following information will help you make an informed decision about how you visit this website and whether or not to share personal information with us.
Type of information collected
During a regular visit (no “sign-in” required), Xceed’s servers automatically record information about your visit to our website such as which pages are visited, which links you follow, your IP address, browser type, language used, date and time of your visit, etc.
When you register in order to download software, join as a member, subscribe to a newsletter, purchase a product or service, answer a survey, etc., you will be asked to provide information that personally identifies you (name, email, and in many cases, other information such as your billing address when purchasing, etc.). This information is also stored on Xceed’s servers.
Whenever possible, credit card information (or information for other payment types) is collected by a trusted payment processor partner, and not collected by Xceed’s website, nor stored on or seen collected by Xceed’s servers. At the time of the January 12, 2016 revision of this Privacy Statement, credit card information is collected and handled by a well-known payment processor that is audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available.
Your browser may store cookies on your computer at the request of our website. Cookies do not contain any personal information, but allow Xceed’s servers to identify your browser on subsequent visits.
If you click on an Xceed sponsored link or advertisement on a third party website, the third-party website may cause your browser to store a special conversion tracking cookie on your computer. This may or may not be at Xceed’s request, however if it is at Xceed’s request, visiting the Xceed website may cause this cookie to be accessed for the purposes of determining which sponsored links or advertisements lead to conversion goals. Conversion goals include, but are not limited to product purchases, trial version sign-ups, special offer registrations and forum or other website section registrations. Conversion tracking cookies do not contain personal information. Xceed’s website does not inform you specifically when you have reached a conversion goal or when conversion tracking is being used.
When you send email or other communications to Xceed, including support, quote or discount request forms, they are automatically stored on our servers.
Use of the information
Xceed uses this information for the following purposes:
- To optimize and personalize the website content and navigational choices.
- To process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- To provide a better experience when you contact technical support or sales.
- To audit and analyze the information to improve Xceed technologies or services.
- To send you information regarding updates, offers, products, services, etc.
- To send you information on behalf of Xceed’s affiliates. See the “Your choices” section below if this or other uses do not interest you.
- To aggregate non-personal information and share with third parties.
Sharing of the information
Xceed will not provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information to any third party without first notifying you and obtaining your consent.
If Xceed is acquired, or is involved in a merger or any other form of sale of some or all of its assets, you will be notified before your personal information is transferred. See the “Your choices” section below for actions you can take in this event.
Xceed reserves the right to disclose personal information to third parties in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, government request or legal process, to prevent fraud or technical issues, to obtain required assistance in processing personal information, or protect against imminent harm. In such cases, the third party will be required to comply (when Xceed has the legal power to compel such compliance) with this privacy statement and take appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Xceed uses common security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data. This includes using 128-bit SSL when dealing with private data, periodically verifying that the web site stores passwords in the form of one-way hash codes, and keeping servers in locked server rooms after-hours.
Xceed provides access to stored personal information only to employees or contractors that require it in order to operate or develop our products or services.
- You may disable cookies, although some of our services or operations may not function properly as a result.
- You may decline to register and therefore renounce receiving the products, features or services that require registration.
- You may request to no longer receive email or other types of communications, in which case Xceed will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that we comply with your request. To request that you no longer receive newsletter and other promotional email communications from Xceed, use the hyperlink or follow the instructions normally included in these emails. To stop emails being sent to you as a paid subscriber (in order to fulfill Xceed’s obligation to provide you with product updates), an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org specifically stating that you no longer wish to benefit from your paid subscription.
- You may request to receive a copy of your personal information, or to have your personal information deleted or corrected if it is inaccurate.
- Feel free to contact Xceed customer service with questions, comments or problems.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will not reduce any rights you have under this policy without first obtaining your consent.
- New policy changes will be summarized in the section below, and kept there for at least a year.
- The version of this Privacy Statement will be identified at the top of this page by the revision date.
Changes to previous Privacy Statements
- Changes from March 1, 2012 revision: Added information about the storage of credit card information. Changed customer service link.