Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Need Help Decrypting Images from a DataBase

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #50765 |

I saw an existing post about something very similar, but I wanted to expand on the topic. I have inherited a database that is filled with TIFF image files that, I’m assuming, are encrypted using Exceed Compression library. All of the image data starts out with 0x5050444D, the only place I’ve found a reference to this type of Binary header was on this forum, case #42423, where a user had a similar issue. I just need to expand on what was in that old post, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Are these pictures, beyond a doubt, encrypted using Exceed libraries; if they are, are we sure they are not compressed.

2. If they are, is there anyway I can decrypt them without explicitly using Exceed libraries. Currently we don’t have access to Xceed products.

3. Are the flags that are located on the header of the binary data specific to Xceed? If not are they specific to this type of encryption?

Thank you again for any help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.