Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET License Key Required for SSHClient Trial

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44290 |

Hello,

I installed the latest trial download for SFTP .Net components yesterday (Version 6) on Windows 8.1 and everything installed without a problem. When I attempt to new up an sFtpSession object, I get an error stating that I need to set the LicenseKey object.

I read online that there is supposed to be a local app installed that can generate the license key, but I’m not seeing anything listed in the Start Menu or located within the C:\Program Files(x86)\Xceed directory.

Is there another way to get a Trial license key? Additionally, I was under the impression that the license key was only needed if I was trying to test on a computer other than the one that the Trial Software was installed on…which I’m not doing.

TIA

Leeland

leelandclay
    Participant

Update…I found a download for the Xceed Components by following the “What’s New” link. Within the 6.0 notes, there was a download link. After I installed this, I was able to get a Trial Key to add to my code, however I got an exception stating:

The license key used to license this Xceed product is not in a valid version range. To unlock this assembly, please make sure that you are using a valid or up-to-date license key.

leelandclay
    Participant

I discovered that if I downloaded the Xceed Components from the What’s New link, it included some older DLL’s. I changed the references within my project to use the 4.9 version dll’s and the trial key started working.

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

It looks like you are using the wrong product-key pair. Therefore, the key you have is not for the SFTP that is why you were getting the licensing exception. Having that said, you may use the following 45-days trial key if you want to test the SFTP V6.0: SFT60-WHBDJ-GUWCK-SUZA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.