Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms License issue with Xceed.Grid.v3.9

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44172 |

Hello,
    we use a licensed version of the grid in our products, without any problems up to now.
    Now, we got one customer having trouble with the grid, throwing the following exception:

————————————
    MyGUI.MyGUI_Utils.Init

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    The license key used to license this Xceed product is invalid.
    Xceed.Grid.Licenser.LicenseKey must be set to a valid trial or registered license key
    before using this product…
    ————————————-

As mentioned, we bought the product and use it without problems on (lots of) other computers. The customer where the problems occur uses the same release of our software as many others.
    The problem occurs on 2 computers in this one company, so I suspect a problem in the configuration of their Windows systems (Windows 7 with .NET framework 4.6.1 installed, I did the same on a test system without any problems).

Would you have an idea what to look after in order to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

If you are using a V3.9 key to unlock the product, the configuration of the system shouldn’t cause any licensing exception. Are you using V3.9 license key? Has your client downloaded the Xceed grid trial? It could be that an expired trial key has been set in his machines registry (after downloading a trial) and for some reason his machine is checking that key instead. Rather than that, I cant think of any other reason for this to happen on that specific machine!

PeterSt
    Participant

Hi Fawzi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, we are using a V3.9 key. Version of Xceed.Grid.v3.9.dll is 3.9.10417.17390.
    I don’t know if the customer ever used a trial version of any XCeed stuff (he is not into software development, so I doubt this; at least I could not find any Xceed dlls but ours on the machine), but I will check the registry and remove any keys I can find. Where could I look for any lingering trial license keys in the registry?

Basically, the customer has been using the same dlls as most of our other customers, but is the only one having this problem.

Our customers get a release build of our dlls as well as the Xceed dlls.

PeterSt
    Participant

Hello,

after a week of searching and trying, there is one small result:
    It works, when the region and language settings are set to “English (United States)”, but it doesn’t work when it’s set to “Danish (Denmark)”. Reproducible on Windows 7 Enterprise at the customer’s site and on my Windows 7 Ultimate test system.
    Tried with and without hyphens in the license key, same behavior: OK when English, error when Danish. We got installations of our software all over the world, but Danish seems to be the only language making a problem up to now…

Any suggestions?

PeterSt
    Participant

Hello,

The problem only occurs, when the reginal setting is set to Danish via the Windows control center dialogue, but not when the setting there remains English and the regional setting is changed to Danish in the Windows taskbar.
    The exception is thrown on calling the Licenser.LicenseKey property of either grid or editors.

I know that we don’t have a maintenance agreement at the moment, but would it be possible to get a statement from Xceed on what to do, or at least a hint if this problem is solved in the current version of the grid?

Thanks in advance.

PeterSt
    Participant

For anybody having similar problems, switching the locale settings while calling the LicenseKey property did the trick:

System.Globalization.CultureInfo cultureBefore = System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;
    System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US");

Xceed.Editors.Licenser.LicenseKey = "MYEDITORSKEY";
    Xceed.Grid.Licenser.LicenseKey    = "MYGRIDKEY";

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = cultureBefore;

Lacks a little bit of elegance, but it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.