Home Forums WPF controls Other WPF controls Is it possible to keep the magnifier view outside a grid?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44437 |

I’m developing a new project where I’m using the magnifier control to expand some documents. However, the user is able to edit some other details based on the documents from a tool box next to the image.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to keep the last maximized location when you left the image and moved to the tool box (another grid without the magnifier). Thanks for your comments.

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

Currently no, you cannot let the Magnifier visible when you leave its Target. Case 167323 has been created to allow this.

The solution would be to give a Freeze method to users, where an argument (true or false) would freeze or unfreeze the Magnifier. When frozen, no position updates of the Magnifier would happens (the magnifier would not follow the mouse). In addition, the Magnifier would not hide itself when users leave the Magnifier’s target element. It would go back to normal when a call to Freeze with “false” is called.

This way, users could use any combination (MouseLeftButtonDown, MouseLeave, Ctrl + C…) to freeze/unfreeze the Magnifier.

Could that be an option for you ? If yes, it would be available in v3.3.

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Federico,

The new “Freeze” method is now available on the Magnifier. It can be used to stop/restart the magnifier from following the mouse position.

Download Link: https://xceed.com/latest-xceed-toolkit-plus-for-wpf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.