Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Interop.XceedZipLib.dll issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44408 |

Hi,I am making use of Interop.XceedZipLib.dll in my project (C# WinForms). There are some custom methods like License(), ListZipContents() and GetZipContents() which execute perfectly fine on my dev machine.This is what the code looks like:

private XceedZip _xceedZip1
    _xceedZip1 = new XceedZip();
    zipContents = new List<string>();

if (path.Substring(path.Length – 1) != “\\”)
    path = path + “\\”;

var license = _xceedZip1.License(“ZIP65-2EWAB-E4BA5-755A”);
    _xceedZip1.ZipFilename = path + file;
    _xceedZip1.ListZipContents();

// Get a listing of the files
    object zipItems = null;

var result = _xceedZip1.GetZipContents(ref zipItems, xcdContentsFormat.xcfCollection);

// Iterate through the collection
    if (zipContents.Count != 0)
    zipContents.Clear();
    foreach (XceedZipItem item in (XceedZipItems) zipItems)
    zipContents.Add(item.Filename);

But as soon as I run the .exe of the same on a test machine and call any of these methods, I get the following error written to a log file:-

<ERROR: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘XceedZipLib.XceedZipClass’ to interface type ‘XceedZipLib.IXceedZip’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{8D8BE16D-8C8B-461C-9220-ADB79B5123B2}’ failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
    at XceedZipLib.XceedZipClass.License(String sLicense)
    at XceedTest.Form1.XceedTest() in C:\Users\GA320690\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\XceedTest\XceedTest\Form1.cs:line 32

Need your help here!!!

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

It looks like the component is not registered on the test machine.

The error message

No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)

means that Interop.XceedZipLib.dll is unable to find Xceed Zip for ActiveX registered on the machine.

When deploying your application, you have to register XceedZip.dll on the target machine.

See this documentation page: https://xceed.com/wp-content/documentation/xceed-zip-for-activex/webframe.html#About_the_ActiveX_component.html

Of particular interest is the “How to manually register the ActiveX component” section.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.