Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Designer error after updating Xceed.Grid dlls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #43648 |

Hi,

I recently update dlls used in my project from ver 3.9.12526.13170 to 3.9.16174.19370, since then I can’t load the visual studio (2015) designer of winforms using Xceed.Grid. The error I’m getting is “Invalid cast from ‘Xceed.Grid.ImageStyle’ to ‘Xceed.Grid.ImageStyle'”. It happens in the designer generated code on a cast from a resource.GetObject line. The resource it points to have value

“AAEAAAD/////AQAAAAAAAAAMAgAAAFpYY2VlZC5HcmlkLnYzLjksIFZlcnNpb249My45LjEyNTI2LjEz
    MTcwLCBDdWx0dXJlPW5ldXRyYWwsIFB1YmxpY0tleVRva2VuPWJhODNmZjM2OGI3NTYzYzYFAQAAABVY
    Y2VlZC5HcmlkLkltYWdlU3R5bGUBAAAAB3ZhbHVlX18ACAIAAAD/////Cw==”

which converts to “ZXceed.Grid.v3.9, Version=3.9.12526.13170, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6Xceed.Grid.ImageStylevalue__”, so it seems like this guy didn’t understand that I patched the dll? How do I make this guy understand this? I tried to fix it manually by editing this resource but can’t seem to get the binary format correct

jesper
    Participant

Nvm I’m stupid, manual edit of the resources with resource manager did the trick.

jesper
    Participant

Found my way back here again. Excellent question, excellent answer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.