Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF DataGrid autoselects cell after sort

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44461 |

Hello,
    I’m working with the datagrid tool in Xceed.
    In my datagrid, there are columns that are editable (combobox, text edit). Every column is bound to a property.
    If I choose one column to sort the grid against, and that column is editable, the sort algorithm works fine except for one problem.
    Once I edit a cell from the column used in the sort, the datagrid is refreshed, resulting two behaviors:
    • the rows are sorted depending from the selected/edited value
    • A cell, from that column, is selected/highlighted, by default.

Now, I want to edit that selected cell, the property related to it is not set, and by consequence its value, when debugging, is NULL.
    It seems that the grid.BeginEdit() and grid.UpdateLayout() could/are not be applied to that cell.

How can I retrieve the value of the selected cell correctly ?

PS: everything works fine when the sort algorithm is not applied (all the edited cells are retrieved successfully).

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood what you mean by: “everything works fine when the sort algorithm is not applied (all the edited cells are retrieved successfully).” Could you send me a simple stand alone sample project which reproduces the issue so that I could have a closer look. You may send it to: support@xceed.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.