Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Copy items from zip using ZipReader

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44467 |

Hi,

I currently in the process of integrating Xceed Real-Time Zip in my code. Still on the trial period and using ver 6.1.

I seem to be having an issue when using the CopyTo and CopyFilesTo method as nothing is getting copied from or to the archive. I managed to work around the archive creation by using ZipWriter and writing the files manually to the archive using streams.

My problem now is that I cannot figure out how to reverse the operation to use ZipReader to extract/copy the items from the archive. I cannot seem to find a way to list the items in the zip archive and copy them using streams one at a time.

Is such a method supported?

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

The issue when using the CopyTo and CopyFilesTo method has been resolved. You will be able to list and extract items from your archive using the CopyTo and CopyFilesTo methods.

You can get the build here:
    http://services.xceed.com/support-ftp/downloads-http/Xceed.DataManipulationSuite.NET.6.1.16614.0.zip

If you wish to continue using Real-Time Zip, be aware that Real-Time Zip cannot list and extract at the same time. This is because the component, at its core, is a streaming zip library. As such, it does not seek in the archive, it only reads (or writes) items sequentially.

If your intention is to list items in an archive and/or extract specific items, it is best to use the full Xceed Zip for .NET component.

redserpent7
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply and support. The new binaries worked fine.

I just want to let you know that I only downloaded the trial package last Monday, so I think you should update that to include these binaries since the one available from the try link seems to be broken.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.