Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Convert SFX stream to ZipArchive?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44282 |

One of the libraries we use provides an SFX zip volume stream, which we need to convert to ZipArchive. We would like to avoid writing the stream to disk and then load into XceedSfxPrefix. Can you please let me know if there is a way to work with SFX streams?

Thanks for your help!

rajashekhar.k
    Participant

“I cannot edit my original post anymore, so I am posting more comments as reply”

Actually I realized that XceedSfxPrefix wont work as it does not provide access to the underlying data. So I am going to re-phrase my question to the following:
    Can I convert SFX zip volume stream to ZipArchive using Xceed.Zip api?

rajashekhar.k
    Participant

I would greatly appreciate some help on this topic!

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

If your goal is to access the SFX archive and extract from it, you don’t have to do anything. Just feed your “SFX zip volume stream” to ZipArchive just like you would any standard zip file.

A SFX archive is, actually a normal zip file that has a executable part prefixed to it at the beginning of the file. But the zip file format places all relevant zip information at the end of the file. So ZipArchive will be able to handle a SFX archive without issue.

Does that fit your usage scenario?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.