Home Forums WPF controls Xceed Toolkit Plus for WPF Best way to design Wizard Pages in WPF

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #50069 |

Hi all,

Quick question – We’re laying up our first wizard, and we’ve got the hang of WizardPages no problem, but while actually laying out the design, we only see the initial page in the preview in Visual Studio – we can comment out each page as we finish so we then see the “next” one, but is there an easy way at design time to tell it to show the second page in the collection, then the 3rd etc. to make it easier to preview?

I’ve got an idea that it might involve declaring the wizardpages as resources, but I don’t know how I’d then reference them in the Items collection of the Wizard – a CompositeCollection perhaps?

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks,

peterj
    Participant

Follow up – I may have a solution actually – I’ve added CurrentPage=”{Binding Items[1], RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}}” and then I can change the index to 1/2/3 etc. – any issues with doing this, or is there a better way?

Thanks again!

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Darren,

Here is the developer’s suggestion:

—-
    You could always define a new custom WizardPage for each of your page. You would end up with multi xaml/xaml.cs files and each of them could be previewed in the Visual Studio Designer. You could then add each of theses pages in a list of WizardPage, which would be the Wizard.ItemsSource.
    —-

You could do it manually by changing the index (in CurrentPage) to preview the Wizard page in the Designer.

However, the developer’s suggestion has the possibility to separate each Wizard page from on another, and easily get back to a page without modifying an index in the XAML. On the other hand, many new XAML files will be added, but they can be stored in a folder in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer.

peterj
    Participant

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the info – i suspect we’ll keep with changing the index, as if we move the items into separate pages it will give us a load of binding errors at designtime and we’ll lose the intellisense when laying out the XAML markup

Thanks again

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.