Home Forums WPF controls Other WPF controls Avalon Dock Documents switch using Keyboard controls(Ctrl+Tab)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #44743 |

Hi,

I have an AvalonDock in my solution with fully MVVM integrated. Everything works fine till now,
    I used to switch between documents by pressing [Ctrl+Tab](keyboard) and it works as expected.

I have Binded the ActiveContent to a property in my ViewModel and when ever it switch the document it sets properly.

Issue:
    Now i have undocked my all documents and tried to switch between documents using [Ctrl+Tab] but this time its not working,

Whats happening:
    I have a break point at my ActiveContent Property, when i switch the document with [Ctrl+Tab] it get hit with correct document firs, after that it again hits with the previous ActiveContent and set back the focus to the old one as a result the selected document with [Ctrl+Tab] not getting the focus.

I hope some one can give me a solution.

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

Can you submit a sample of your specific problem?

In the AvalonDock sample of the LiveExplorer, we can use the Ctrl+Tab to switch between the 2 LayoutDocuments, this result in the DockingManager.ActiveContent being modified(as you say).

What exactly are you doing when you say :
    “Now i have undocked my all documents and tried to switch between documents using [Ctrl+Tab] ” ?

In the AvalonDock sample of the LiveExplorer, if I make the 2 LayoutDocuments float, using Ctrl + Tab will not work (as expected because no LayoutDocuments exist anymore, only LayoutDocumentFloatingWindows).

abinmatthew
    Participant

Hi, That is what i was expecting, as there is no LayoutDocument it wont work.

Now my question is if all the documents are LayoutDocumentFloatingWindow, the Navigator window still show the documents(LayoutDocumentFloatingWindow) in it and as a result user will expect the undocked document(LayoutDocumentFloatingWindow) to be selected when they focus it using Ctrl + Tab.

Is there a way not to show or make it selected/focus the LayoutDocumentFloatingWindow using Navigator Window ?

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi,

The NavigatorWindow will be updated in the next release v3.4.

You will be able to use it to set the focus on a LayoutDocument or a LayoutAnchorable. You will also be able to set the focus on a LayoutDocumentFloatingWindow.

I suggest you wait for the next release, which is scheduled to be in June, 2017.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.