Home Forums ActiveX components Other ActiveX components Xceed SmartUI 64 bit compatibility? (The arithmetic operation caused an overflow on SingletonKeyboardHook.Hook)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    #43319 |

Hi,

after I compiled a project as AnyCPU in Visual Studio 2010 (C#) and started to debug it on a 64 bit system I got the following stacktrace

[quote]

System.OverflowException was unhandled
      Message=The arithmetic operation caused an overflow
      Source=Xceed.SmartUI
      StackTrace:
           bei Xceed.SmartUI.Win32.SingletonKeyboardHook.Hook(Int32 code, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
           bei Xceed.SmartUI.Win32.Win32Hook.IntPtrHookProc(Int32 code, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
      InnerException:

[/quote]

at first I thought it was related to a bug in my sourcecode but soon after this one, I got the exact same error on a complete different project, too.

It’s always coming from a ShowDialog() method and it happens as soon as the user tries to enter a text into a textfield. In one case it happens on a WPF form, in the second case it happens on a System.Windows.Forms.FolderBrowserDialog when I try to add a new folder. (I click the “Add new folder” button and as soon as I try to give the new directory a name the OverflowException occurs).

Operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit (as mentioned before). If I set the compilation target platform to x86 everything works.

So my questions are: Is Xceed.SmartUI x64 compatible by default (I ask that because of the win32 namespacepart)? If yes: what is going on there?!

If not, is there a x64 compatible dll or will there be a x64 compatible dll?

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dirk (had 4300 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I encounter the same problem:

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation
    resulted in an overflow.
         at
    Xceed.SmartUI.Win32.SingletonKeyboardHook.Hook(Int32 code, IntPtr wparam,
    IntPtr lparam)
         at Xceed.SmartUI.Win32.Win32Hook.IntPtrHookProc(Int32
    code, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks,

Marie

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marie4 (had 576 views)

Xceed Support

Hi, 

Can you send us a basic sample application that demonstrates this issue so that we investigate this in more detail?  

You can send it to support@xceed.com

Please include a reference to this forum post in your email.  

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Michel [Xceed] (had 540 views)

User (Old forums)

Any solution to this yet?  I’m getting the same error.  Thanks!

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Curtis (had 527 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Curtis, 

As in my last reply, we still can’t reproduce the problem.
    If you are able to reproduce it in a sample application, you can send it to support@xceed.com so that we look further into this.  

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Michel [Xceed] (had 611 views)

User (Old forums)

Since the time I opened this thread, I found two more applications with the same problem.

In all cases, the project in which the error occurs has no reference to Xceed components, and in two cases even the referenced projects have no Xceed components (only some of the projects that exist in the same solution have Xceed components).

And why should an EventHandler from Xceed listen to WPF/WindowsForms TextBoxes (which apparently happens)? Or how? Let alone without having a reference to the project and the properties of the TextBoxes are privat.

oh and I don’t seem to be able to reproduce the problem. I tried different approaches but it seems I miss something.

The Version of my SmartUI is 3.4.7264.16200

*edit

I just saw that it’s not related to ShowDialog(), a regular Show() results in the same error.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Dirk (had 395 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Dirk,

Unfortunately, without a sample application, we will not be able to investigate into the matter. If at some point you are able to reproduce this behavior in a sample application, you can send it to us by email at support@xceed.com

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marc [Xceed] (had 1691 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Dirk,

I’m also facing the same problem. Did you get any solution for that. Could you please post it.

Thanks.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Venkateswara Rao (had 1813 views)

User (Old forums)

I too am seeing this problem. Attached is an example solution that demonstrates the failure (although as the post title suggests, its a pretty straight forward bug to repro).

What is the best way to fix this problem? Lets assume changing the project to target x86 isn’t an option.

I’m using v3.5.8257.17090

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Hamish (had 265 views)

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi Hamish,

All of our components are compiled using “Any CPU”. In other words, they don’t specifically get advantages from using 64bit but they will work just fine in a 64bit environment.

However, we were able to reproduce the mentioned issue and have opened a ticket to further investigate what could be causing it. We will get back to you with any updates as soon as we have them.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Fawzi [Xceed] (had 1552 views)

JakesZA
    Participant

Good day Fawzi/Xceed, what is the resolution for this? This exact same problem is now becoming very common place for Windows 10 64 bit installations rendering Xceed useless on that OS?

anubpatil
    Participant

Dear Team,

Even I am facing same similar issue on Windows 10 64 bit machine, we are getting this issue on our asp.net c# desktop applications.

Can you please provide a solution for this issue, will installing “xceed for 64 bit” resolve this issue?

anubpatil
    Participant

Dear Team,

Please respond on the above query.

anubpatil
    Participant

Dear Team,

Could you please respond on the above query.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.