Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Unlimited custom nested details

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #41368 |

Hi,

I am trying to create a grid with recursive details and it works when I set AutoCreateDetailDescriptions to true just fine. However I need customize every nested DataGrid (it’s columns visibility, title …). The number of nested details is unlimited and user can InsertRow on every of them. How can I create such a DataGrid in code behind?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Daler (had 343 views)

Fawzi [Xceed]

Hi Daler,

On the DataGridControl, the properties AutoCreateDetailConfigurations and DetailConfigurations are basically the same as AutoCreateDetailDescriptions and DetailDescriptions found on DataGridCollectionView.

A DetailDescription gives some insight about a detail level on the data side (data source) while a DetailConfiguration gives some insight about how to display the detail level on the UI side (grid).

Setting AutoCreateDetailXXX tells the grid if it may create a DetailDescription or DetailConfiguration on demand.  Unfortunatelly, there is no built-in mechanism which allows to customize a DetailDescription or DetailConfiguration created dynamically.

The only option is to add a DetailDescription or DetailConfiguration to the corresponding collection (DataGridCollectionView.DetailDescriptions/DetailDescription.DetailDescriptions, DataGridControl.DetailConfigurations/DetailConfiguration.DetailConfigurations).  Unfortunately, this means you can only add a fixed amount of DetailDescription or DetailConfiguration.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Fawzi [Xceed] (had 387 views)

Fawzi [Xceed]

We have now implemented a DetailConfigurationSelector (property on DataGridControl) that allows to customise every detail level on the fly at runtime, rather than have to specify each DetailConfiguration at design time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.