Home Forums ActiveX components Other ActiveX components Run-Time Error ‘0’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #43294 |

We have been getting an error on using SmartUI with a ESRI map based vb application. The error popup seems to show up randomly and the SmartUI works fine without the ESRI integration. We are using COM interop to call a .Net wrapper around ESRI which also uses COM. 

The popup says:

Run-Time Error ‘0’ and has the title Xceed SmartUI.

[URL=http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smartuierrorjs8.png][IMG]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5279/smartuierrorjs8.th.png[/IMG][/URL]

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by madhur (had 6639 views)

Xceed Support

In order for us to investigate this issue further we would have to be able to reproduce it. If you ever find a pattern or a way to reproduce this, please let me know. We are not able to reproduce this issue on our end.

Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee compatibility of our control through .NET wrappers.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 3740 views)

User (Old forums)

We use Smart UI2 in Vb6.

Run-time Error’0′ shattered my life comletely. It has been one of my deepest and strongest nightmares at the company I work for and our clients.
    Please consider my words seriously and if you think this is a bluff. This error occurs from time to time without any identified set of circumstances and we cannot produce it yet.

Who help us?

see next link for more evidences

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/2/26/f_xceederrorm_5eb6f51.jpg&srv=img01

The words above are written after installation of last Smart UI2 patch.

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ivan (had 2988 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Xceed

Same thing occurs to me and my customers, driving me crazy!!

http://www.inexcontech.com/images/XceedError.png 

Here is my case: VB6 project with MDI, two screens frmDataEntry and frmReports. in frmDataEntry I have a user control having the smartUI.ocx.

frmReports is having a WebControl to display the content of the web site (Reports are web-based) In some reports, we use Silverlight 4.0.  

To get it to crash every time: I open the frmDataEntry and display some data. Then I go to frmReports, and display a report with some Silverlight 4 code. Then in the Windows Menu, I go back to the frmDataEntry. Then the crash occurs: Xceed SmartUI Run-Time error ‘0’. The SmartUI become grayed out and is not more usable.

I will try to create a simple project, if I can. But  I cannot post the whole project which is way bigger 🙂

Eric Tremblay For Inexcon Technologies 

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Eric (had 382 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

I have a small application to reproduce the bug. However, it does not reproduce the bug 100% of cases, sometime it is working as expected, 2 time out of 3 it was crashing on my side.

Open the VB6 project and run it. Click on File \ Data to open the Data Screen. Click on File \ Report to open a web browser that goes on official Silverlight web site with silverlight on it. Then click on the Window menu to go back to Data screen. Sometime it crash right away, sometime it’s by clicking on the Xceed bar buttons, sometime it works just as expected. When so, I open a Report again and I click on Window and Data until the error occurs.

I am not sure that Silverlight is the big issue here, because my customers complain about that error in the past, when we did not had Silverlight yet. But at that time I was not able to reproduce the bug so easily.

Eric Tremblay For Inexcon Technologies 

Applies to Xceed SmartUI (ActiveX). Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Eric (had 3183 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.