Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Error when using ChartControl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #19251 |

Hello,

When I drag ChartControl from the toolbox into my form,

I have 2 errors:

Error 1 Invalid Resx file. Type  could not be read from the data in line 1610, position 5.  The type’s internal structure may have changed.  Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes.  The conversion exception was: The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘System.RuntimeType’ was not found.

Error 2 SerializationException: Type  could not be read from the data in line 1610, position 5.  The type’s internal structure may have changed.  Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes.  The conversion exception was: The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘System.RuntimeType’ was not found.
       at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseXml(XmlTextReader reader)
       at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.EnsureResData()
       at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.GetEnumerator()
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ReadResources(ReaderInfo readerInfo, IResourceReader reader, String fileName)
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ReadResources(String filename, Boolean shouldUseSourcePath)
       at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ProcessFile(String inFile, String outFileOrDir)
    XmlException: Type  could not be read from the data in line 1610, position 5.  The type’s internal structure may have changed.  Either implement ISerializable on the type or provide a type converter that can provide a more reliable conversion format, such as text or an array of bytes.  The conversion exception was: The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘System.RuntimeType’ was not found. Line 1610, position 5.

SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘System.RuntimeType’ was not found.
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
       at System.Resources.ResXDataNode.GenerateObjectFromDataNodeInfo(DataNodeInfo dataNodeInfo, ITypeResolutionService typeResolver)
       at System.Resources.ResXDataNode.GetValue(ITypeResolutionService typeResolver)
       at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseDataNode(XmlTextReader reader, Boolean isMetaData)
       at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.ParseXml(XmlTextReader reader)
    SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type ‘System.RuntimeType’ was not found.
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.GetConstructor(RuntimeType t)
       at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)

Could you help me out please ?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Patrick (had 1784 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Patrick,

You most likely have Visual Studio 2012 installed. There is a known issue that once Visual Studio 2012 is installed, using the Chart for .NET gives resx errors, even if it is actually only used in Visual Studio 2010.

I have added you to the list of clients with this resx issue, and we will post an update in this thread when the fix is available for download. Thank you for your patience.

If you think that the source of your issue is something else, then we would need a small stand-alone test project that reproduces the issue in order to investigate further. Please send it by email to support@xceed.com and include a link to this forum thread for reference. Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 750 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”Diane [Xceed]”]

Hi Patrick,

You most likely have Visual Studio 2012 installed. There is a known issue that once Visual Studio 2012 is installed, using the Chart for .NET gives resx errors, even if it is actually only used in Visual Studio 2010.

I have added you to the list of clients with this resx issue, and we will post an update in this thread when the fix is available for download. Thank you for your patience.

If you think that the source of your issue is something else, then we would need a small stand-alone test project that reproduces the issue in order to investigate further. Please send it by email to support@xceed.com and include a link to this forum thread for reference. Thank you.

[/quote]

=====================

Hello can you please tell me whether this issues has been resolved? Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by tmi236 (had 408 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi tmi236,

Yes, according to the information in the support ticket, the fix was included in the March 2013 release. It seems that we forgot to update this forum thread.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 438 views)

User (Old forums)

Is there a fix for older versions of the Xceed Grid?  Due to .Net framework restrictions I’m stuck with using an older version.  

I encountered this problem today but I’m using version 4.2.8465.14130.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 175 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Steve,

Version 4.2 is the current version for .NET 3.5 SP1 and lower, and according to the developer the modifications should have been applied to that version as well.

Could you install the latest Xceed Components package to do a test and confirm if it solves your issue or not? Thank you.

Link: http://xceed.com/CHT_Download.html

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 1747 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.