Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Designer exception on any 3D chart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19238 |

I’m currently evaluating Chart .NET for my application, and I’m trying to start work on a 3D Chart demo. I create an empty Windows Forms application, and drag an Xceed ChartControl into my form. When I attempt to use the Chart Wizard, however, I’m seeing a problem every time I select “3D Charts” from the drop-down in the wizard.

When “3D Charts” is selected, the preview window loses it’s preview, and is filled with a red X. Furthermore, when I actually select a chart type, say a GridSurface, and select OK, I get a popup which says:

“The control Xceed.Chart.ChartControl has thrown an unhandled exception on the designer and has been disabled. Exception: Method not found: ‘Void Xceed.Chart.Graphics2D.Camera.Activate(Xceed.Chart.GraphicsCore.Viewbase, Boolean)’.”

Inside the control I see the stack trace below; any ideas why the designer isn’t working properly for 3D Charts? Any 2D chart selection is fine, this only happens with 3D charts.

———- 

System.MissingMethodException:MethodNot found:  ‘Void Xceed.Chart.Graphics2D.Camera.Activate(Xceed.Chart.GraphicsCore.Viewbase, Boolean)’.

at Xceed.ChartGraphicsGL.GLCamera.Activate(ViewBase pView, Boolean bUseJittering, Boolean bUseViewportMargins)

at Xceed.Chart.Core.SceneGL.OnRender()

at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.InnerRender()

at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.Render()

at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLBitmapRenderSurface.OnPaint(PainEventArgs e)

at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsCore.RenderSurfaceBase.PaintHandler(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner.DesignerWindowTarget.DefWndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Design.ControlDesigner.DesignerWindowTarget.OnMessage(Message& m)

———-

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Victor (had 1214 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Victor,

I did a test with the latest v4.3 version of Chart for .NET and Visual Studio 2010 and did not get the issue you are describing. Which version of the Chart and of Visual Studio are you using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 1566 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.