Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Encryption for ActiveX Deploying a DotNet Application using XceedCry.dll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    #42961 |

Our application is developed using Visual Studio 2005 and uses XceedCry.dll as an interop control. We use the RSA encryption class. If we build the application on our development machine, and generate a random key pair, it works fine.

We then create a setup project to deploy the application and install it on another machine. When we run the DotNet application and try to generate the random key pair we get the exception:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045001): The license key required to use Xceed Encryption Library was not found or is invalid. Make sure that you have called the License method with a valid license key as described in the documentation.

The license key we load is valid and a test VB6 program that does the same thing works fine on the same machine.

If we run the Exceed Ultimate Suite installation on the test machine and install the Xceed Encryption module, then the DotNet program works!

What else, besides XCeedCry.dll and Interop.XceedEncryptionLib.dll do we have to install on the test machine to get a DotNet application working.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by BVaughan (had 11932 views)

User (Old forums)

Two questions. First, do you set the key in code, through the License method (and if so, when do you set it)? Second, are you deploying on Vista?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 707 views)

User (Old forums)

I am running into the same problem with this control. I have also built an application using VS 2005 and built my setup program with VS 2005. I am calling the License method at the start of any routine where I am using this component.

-Dave

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 873 views)

Xceed Support

This problem is related to the .dll not being registered on the deployment machine.

e.g.,
    Start — Go to run — Type in : Regsvr32 “path of the XceedCry.dll”.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 678 views)

User (Old forums)

Actually, it is getting registered. I even registered the XceedCry.dll file manually to make sure.
    What I ended up doing was creating a ActiveX dll that wrapped the functionality that I needed from this component and referenced that from my .NET app. It seems to be working now.

-Dave

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by David (had 10503 views)

User (Old forums)

Did anyone else solve this issue?  
    I’m getting the same type of issue with XCeedZip.dll.   I’d prefer to not have to create another COM component to wrap XCeedZip.dll.
    One should be able to use it via COM interop – however, it looks like many are having issues with that.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by pjflickinger (had 298 views)

User (Old forums)

I needed to have a standard encryption engine to run on both ActiveX and .Net, so I ended up creating an ActiveX wrapper for XCeedCry.dll and used that from both types of apps.

Another thing you can check is that the XCeed toolkit libraries are 32-bit dlls.  Make sure that your Platform target in the Build section of the .Net properties is set to “x86” and not “Any CPU” so that it runs as a 32-bit app on a 64-bit machine.  32-bit dlls cannot be loaded from a 64-bit application.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by BVaughan (had 242 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey – thanks for responding.
    I’ve checked the platform target already.  I have several other references that require I set it to x86 already – so unfortunately, that is not the issue.

I’ll try a bit more to find a solution.  Hate to have to create an ActiveX wrapper, but I just might need to.   

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by pjflickinger (had 1776 views)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.