||A user experience far surpassing what Microsoft’s grid offers!|
||Current version for .NET 4: 4.0 (History)|
||Current version for .NET 3.5 SP1 & lower: 3.7 |
||Platforms: WPF, .NET 4, .NET 3.5|
||Price: $599.95 USD (includes 1-year |
Vanguard subscription)< span>
|WPF / .NET Technology
- Created entirely for WPF and built with .NET 4 and 3.5 SP1, written in C# and XAML.
- Supports UI virtualization, even when grouping data, so only elements currently in view are created and kept, meaning faster loading time, uses less memory.
- Design-time support in Visual Studio 2008 and Expression Blend.
- Design-time configuration window that lets you set up the most important features quickly and easily.
- XBAP-friendly, CLS compliant, and uses no unsafe blocks. No special permissions are required, so it can run within the limited permission set granted to XBAP applications.
- Based on a flexible and extensible object model, with modular and reusable visual elements.
- The datagrid's cells are true WPF content controls, so they can contain anything.
- Supports the WPF command infrastructure, for example letting you map a toolbar button to "enter edit" in a cell.
- Comprehensive documentation fully integrated into Visual Studio is provided.
- Supports Right-To-Left and Inking.
- Supports regional settings including numbers, money type, dates, etc.
- Includes a variety of VB.NET and C# sample applications to get you started.
- All error handling works through .NET exception classes.
- Can also be used in your Windows Forms applications.
- Can be used in conjunction with the MVVM and MVC design and architectural patterns.
|Rich in-place editing
- Features rich in-place editing that works in both views. See Included editor controls below.
- Updates source when the cell or row exits edit mode or immediately when the cell content changes.
- Combo boxes can easily be used as cell editors without the need to write code to fill the combo box thanks to auto-detection of ComboBox columns (enums, foreign keys).
- Routed edit events for both cell and row, providing fine-grained control over the edit process.
- Provides configurable keyboard and mouse edit commands.
- Programmatic control over edit mode.
- Provides Excel-like default keyboard and mouse edit behavior, including F2, Esc (cancel edit on a cell and restore the original value), Double-Esc (cancel edit on the entire row and restore the original values), and Enter.
- Allows you to specify a different visual template for a cell being edited.
- Cell editors can be displayed without entering edit mode, under a variety of conditions such as a mouse hover over the cell or row, the cell or row becoming current, the row being edited, or always.
- Single-click edit mode allows entering edit mode and activating items such as check, text, and combo boxes with one click.
- Automatically selects the appropriate editor control depending on the field data type.
- Insertion row object allows for quick entry of new data.
- Triggers meaningful edit events for both rows and cells.
- Manages “null” and “DbNull” values.
- Any portion of the grid can be made read-only.
- Supports hierarchical, multi-level grouping in both views.
- Customizable group-level configurations with header and footer support.
- Supports UI virtualization, preserving memory and reducing load time, even when grouping.
- Supports custom grouping criteria, to allow your code to group together rows with your own conditions.
- Interactive, hierarchical “Group-by” row allows end-users to easily create and manipulate groups themselves. Adapted for both included views.
- Programmatic control over expanding and collapsing groups.
- Grouping can be controlled via code.
|Views and themes
- Ships with two table views. A true native WPF control.
- Project template for Visual Studio that sets up a new theme project so you can create your own. A tutorial on creating a custom theme is also included to help you get started.
- Fourteen striking themes in all:
- Glass, Windows Media Player 11, and Zune. (Glass theme currently not available for Tableflow™ view)
- All Microsoft Windows themes: Classic (NT), Luna (Normal/Olive, Metallic/Silver, Homestead/Blue), Aero (Vista), and Royale (Media Center).
- A vibrant theme inspired by Window 7.
- Office 2007: Blue, Black, and Silver.
- The Xceed Live Explorer theme.
- Each theme provides an alternating row style that can be activated through the TableView class.
- The various cursors—such as "busy", "resize", and "drag" cursors—can be customized in the different views.
- Includes the commented XAML source code to the table view style and template, so you have a great starting point for developing your own.
|Tableflow™ 2D view
- Fast animated smooth scrolling (with inertia) for impressive UI performance.
- Sticky group headers (group headers are always visible).
- Full-column animated drag and drop reordering.
- Also has all the features of the classic (see below).
- An innovative new group navigation control in the Tableflow™ view greatly increases the datagrid’s usability. A first in any WPF datagrid, it lets the end-user go instantly to any group or sub-group with a single click in a combo box.
- Note: An Xceed watermark is displayed in this view (not displayed in the Professional Edition).
|2D Table view features
- Column auto-sizing / stretching and starrable column widths.
- Fixed columns (UI widget + programmatic control).
- Includes an Outlook-style table view with all the typical elements you would expect.
- Column headers support drag-and-drop column reordering, column resizing, click-to-sort, and dragging to "Group-by" row.
- Row margin selects and resizes rows, and displays icons indicating that the row is current, is being edited, is an insertion, or has a validation error.
- Provides horizontal and vertical Grid line brush and grid line thickness properties.
- Automatically changes a row’s height to fit the contents of the largest cell.
- Note: An Xceed watermark is displayed in this view (not displayed in the Professional Edition).
- Supports IDataErrorInfo.
- Supports IEditableObject and error style when IEditableObject’s EndEdit throws an exception when trying to leave edit mode.
- Includes built-in data validation, at the cell or row level.
- Error display is integrated with the included views.
- You can completely style the way a cell or row looks when a validation error occurs.
- Can validate on any criteria, including the values of other cells.
- Validation error messages are overridable and localizable.
- Expandable and compatible with custom validation rules you have already built.
|Included editor controls
- For use inside the data grid control only. To use the editors outside of the control, you must purchase the Professional Edition of the data grid.
- Several editors available in the “Included
- PhoneMaskedTextBox (North American format).
- Simple CurrencyMaskedTextBox.
- DateTimeTextBox (with ShortDate, ShortTime, ShortDateAndShortTime, and ShortDateAndLongTime formats).
- All controls are 100% stylable and templatable.
- Combinability/modularity: Embed controls into one another to create flexible, innovative new controls.
- The grid automatically picks the correct type depending on the data type of the column.
- Fully visual approach: Powerful designers help make development faster and easier.
- Extensibility: All controls can be extended to implement custom features, appearance, and behavior.
- Themes: Support for Windows XP and Windows Classic themes and the ability to adapt to the current Windows theme.
- Provides column virtualization.
- Inserting records into non-IBindingList sources.
- Easy binding to XML data sources.
- Directly supports unbound columns, allowing for example the display of static information such as a delete button for each row, etc.
- Supports unbound data fields, which facilitates the use of calculated columns.
- Custom key-value mappings, which lets you map any kind of value or object to fields in the data that represent keys, such as mapping an employee first and last name fields to an integer ID field in an employee database.
- Custom CollectionView that provides fine-grained and efficient control over its underlying data source.
- Fully supports WPF data binding.
- Displays, edits, and works with bound and unbound data.
- Can be bound directly to an array of simple types such as String, Decimal, DateTime, TimeSpan, Guid, or Primitive (e.g., SByte, Byte, Int32, etc.), and will show the value of those types in one column.
- Automatically obtains and synchronizes bound data from any .NET source, including jagged arrays, any object that implements IListSource or IList, and any ADO.NET DataSet, DataTable, DataView, or DataViewManager object.
- Can intercept, parse, and modify data being synchronized with the database from the grid.
- Clipboard copy support allows content from the grid to be copied to any other supported application (e.g., Excel, Word, Notepad). Can be sent to the clipboard as HTML or CSV.
- Delete selected rows button: in master grid, in details, or both.
- Excel-like cell and row selection capabilities (single, multiple, and extended modes), letting end-users select and copy blocks of cells or rows.
- Persist user settings: saves the positions and states of columns, as well as grouping and sorting states, etc. Can be extended by developers to persist other aspects.
- Ability to enable or disable sorting, grouping, and column reordering via the UI.
- Full keyboard navigation is possible through cells and rows. Navigation can be limited to cell-only or row-only, or navigation can be disabled.
- Allows multiple-field sort and custom criteria sort.
- Provides easy manipulation of the grid’s current row.
- Scrolls the view to any cell, row, group, or column.
- Scroll tip displays information about the first visible row in the viewport when the grid is scrolled.
- Allows elements other than columns to be fixed.
- Provides fixed, non-scrolling header and footer regions into which you can put any number and type of row.
- Configurable item scrolling (immediate or deferred).
- Customizable “today” label in the Calendar.
- Ability to create alternating styles for data rows.
- Customizable group-header control display.
- A Resource Center that centralizes various DataGrid for WPF assets and provides a news feed for the latest developments concerning the product.
- Try the Live Explorer XBAP application, which demonstrates the Professional Edition of the datagrid and lets you get a feel for it without installing anything. Also available as a stand-alone .EXE when you download Xceed DataGrid for WPF.