There are two reasons why you get this error.
First, if you have more than one of the same component .dll registered on the system, when you try to compile you will have a Permission denied message box.
Here is what you need to do.
1) Go in the Project Menu and down to references. Remove any references to your Xceed component.
2) Save and close your VB application.
3) Unregister any of the component .dll you might have on your system (We strongly suggest that you use the Windows Search to make sure not to miss any). To unregister the DLL use Regsvr32 -u "Path of the dll"
4) Register the DLL you wish to use in your application and remove any other of the component .dll you do not wish to use.
5) Open VB, add the reference and you should be on your way.
Second, you have not installed the package, but simply copied directly on the system a version of the component you want to use, and registered it manually. Some keys need to be set in Windows registry, for the way VB loads components makes our components verify the licensing at compile. To resolve this issue, unregister the dll you installed manually, delete it, and install the package, which will set the registry properly.