Welcome to the Xceed Community | Help
Community Search  
More Search Options

Memory exception raised when rendering

Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2008, 11:36 AM Post no. 13057

Memory exception raised when rendering

Hi,

We encounter regularly (but randomly) exceptions in xceed. It makes my project crash. Here is the call stack:

Exception details:
    System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at glFlush()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.Activate2DRendering()
    at Xceed.Chart.Core.SceneGL.OnRender()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.InnerRender()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLDevice.Render()
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsGL.GLBitmapRenderSurface.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at Xceed.Chart.GraphicsCore.RenderSurfaceBase.PaintHandler(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can this problem be fixed? Or do you know how to fix it/ work around it/avoid it?

Thanks,
    Marie

•  07-03-2008, 8:43 AM Post no. 13399 in reply to 13057

Re: Memory exception raised when rendering

Hi,

I am really wondering why Xceed crashes.

I don't know if they are linked, but we also encounter crashes when using Xceed on remote desktop.

Can both issues be fixed please?

Thanks,
    Marie

•  07-03-2008, 4:38 PM Post no. 13422 in reply to 13399

It is difficult to tell the problem just by looking at this stack.  You can send us a sample application reproducing the issue, if you are entitled to support, so we can investigate this further.

André
    Software Developer
    Xceed Software Inc.
  •  07-04-2008, 10:25 AM Post no. 13430 in reply to 13422

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, even if I create a sample application, the first problem appears randomly and is not frequent. The second crash appears frequently when running on remote desktop. It would be possible to try to create a separate sample application for you, but we need to be sure that it will be useful.

We are not paying for the support anymore because the one we got before was highly desappointing. It could be possible for us to suscribe again, but we need to make sure that the problems we encounter will be fixed. Can you ensure us that our problems will be fixed if we subscribe again?

Thanks,

Marie
  •  07-04-2008, 11:33 AM Post no. 13433 in reply to 13430

A support subscription ensures a customer his questions will be responded, and his issues will be investigated.  There is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed.

André
    Software Developer
    Xceed Software Inc.
  •  07-09-2008, 9:32 AM Post no. 13471 in reply to 13433

I investigated the problem more and since it occured only when trying to refresh an empty object, we overrided the paint method. It's a workaround, but the crash has not been encountered since then.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Contact | Site Map | Reviews | Legal Terms of Use | Trademarks | Privacy Statement Copyright 2011 Xceed Software Inc.