Welcome to the Xceed Community | Help
Community Search  
More Search Options

"Your version of XceedZip.dll may be outdated"?

Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-22-2008, 7:06 AM Post no. 11643

"Your version of XceedZip.dll may be outdated"?

Hi

We're distributing xceedzip.dll version 4.2 along with our vb6 app. Some of our customers allready has a later version of this file installed by some other vendor, in which case we don't install our older version.
    In some of these cases our app crashes with the error:

Failed to load control 'XceedZip' from XceedZip.dll. Your version of XceedZip.dll may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

The cases we've seen has had versions 4.5 to 5. In one case i've tried to unregister and then reregister the version of xceedzip that was allready installed, but to no avail. Our workaround has been to do a side-by-side DLL-install when the problem occurrs (we put xceedzip.dll version 4.2 in the same directory as our exe and then create an exe.local-file).

According to other threads here Xceedzip.dll is supposed to be backwards compatible, so I can't understand why this is happening. Can someone please enlighten me.

/Daniel

•  04-25-2008, 5:52 AM Post no. 11730 in reply to 11643

Re: "Your version of XceedZip.dll may be outdated"?

I have got the same problem. We run Pastel in our office and I get this error when I want  to do a backup of Pastel.  This is a big problem seeing as we need to do the back up ASAP!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Danie 

•  05-26-2008, 3:42 PM Post no. 12507 in reply to 11730

Re: "Your version of XceedZip.dll may be outdated"?

Our library is backward compatible, so it should not be a problem.  It is difficult to tell what could be the problem.

The only solution we have right now is to upgrade to the latest version.  If it still happens after the upgrade, then send us an email to support with a reference to this post, along with steps to reproduce and a sample application, and we will investigate further.

André
    Software Developer
    Xceed Software Inc.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Contact | Site Map | Reviews | Legal Terms of Use | Trademarks | Privacy Statement Copyright 2011 Xceed Software Inc.